24“This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.” ~ Psalm 118:24 (ESV)
My friends, welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Have you ever woken up and remembered the words of the Psalmist as mentioned in Psalm 118? I try and remember them each and every morning as I walk our dog River, it’s the opening to my morning prayers each day. This week has been a crazy one, so I’m going to get right to the prayer requests and praises in a minute, but before I leave, I want to ask you to make sure you give thanks to God each and every day, as often as you can, despite the struggles in your life. Thank God for the good things, thank God for seeing you through the bad things, and thank God for all of the blessings you have been given in your life. Now, please pray with us on our prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- I want to start by praising God for seeing me through a stomach bug I had last week. It started Sunday after church, and I was down and out until Thursday. I also want to give thanks to God for my wife Cindy and daughter Sophie, and even for our dog River, who stayed upstairs with me while I slept during the day.
- Jodi has a prayer request: I need prayer for work I can do from home. I have applied to tutor locally and to an online teaching resource that teaches ESL to kids in China. They want you to have 3 months experience, which I don’t have, so don’t know if that will work out or not. Meanwhile, looking for ESL volunteer opps at our church/community. If anyone has suggestions for legitimate ways to earn money from home, please let me know or message me. If not from home, I could do something parttime weekday mornings. Suggestions??? [Btw, I have BA in Literary Studies, experience as freelance writer, freelance editor, managing editor for online publications, 16 yrs home educator, and 12 yrs in accounts payable.] Thank you!
- Mrs. Lucas has a prayer request: Mike, one of Brent’s friends is losing his 10 year old daughter to failing intestines. The Dr.s say there is no more to be done. They sent her home under hospice care. Please pray for little Justice and her loving family. Thank you and the other Prayer Warriors!
- Lori has a prayer request: 96 years is a whole lot of living but a friend of mine is asking for prayers for her grandpa – she’s not ready to give him up. She is hurting and therefore I hurt. Please pray that the Lord make his transition peaceful and bring her comfort at that most glorious moment!
- Lastly, a big praise to God that no one was seriously hurt or died in the historic fire in Raleigh a week ago. Our church suffered some small damage, and the construction project is a huge loss, but God enabled the fire personnel to do a wonderful job and they all saved it from being a lot worse.
Now, please pray with us the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.