1 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! ~ Psalm 103:1 (ESV)
Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. This week we have a lot of prayer requests; it seems every week we turn around and see more sorrow, more anguish, so today, we turn to God and give thanks to Him first.
In times of sorrow, it’s very hard to thank God for where we are in our lives, but it’s vitally important to do so. With so much happening, it’s hard to find the blessings in our lives — but if you are able to look beyond the trouble, you may just see the wondrous blessings that God has given you.
I referenced just verse 1 of Psalm 103, but I urge you to go over and read the entire Psalm. It is an uplifting Psalm, one of hope, one of love, and it speaks to us of all of the blessings that God has given us.
But now, please pray with us on our long list of Prayer Requests and Praises.
Prayer Requests and Praises
- Jodi has a prayer request: *1/13/17 update on my FIL: 1) He has 3 “quite severe” skull fractures, the worst of which is on his crown. The how/when/where of the accident is still a mystery! 2) He will remain in ICU 1-2 more days then be moved to floor for head injuries where he will receive therapy. 3) If not for his otherwise impeccable health, this would have killed him. He’s 74. Doctor said 1 of 2 people his age who get this severe a head injury die. It is truly a miracle he is still with us! 4) He does not grasp that he is injured and NEEDS to remain in the hospital and periodically fusses with nurses, trying to remove wires, monitors, and such, and just go home. 5) My husband will be flying to Dallas to be with him sometime this week.
Thank you for continued prayers!!!
I’m sorry to post so many requests lately, but I have another. Almost 2 weeks ago now, my father-in law had an episode. We thought it was severe dehydration after not properly fueling/drinking on a long bike ride (avid bicyclist, 50 miles), but turns out he may have had a head injury and forgotten or not realized it happened. After many days of refusing to eat and drink and being relatively incoherent, he started to improve. Long story short, a CT scan today showed bleeding on the brain. He was sent by ambulance to the hospital for a 2nd CT and an MRI and will be kept overnight. (He is not happy about that, lol!) We suspect he may have wrecked his bike and hit his head and not remember it. Please pray doctors find the source of bleeding and can get it stopped without any brain damage! Thank you!
- Jodi also has a prayer request for Kyle: OK, let’s try this again…please pray for my son Kyle re: job. He has an interview with Greenway Ford in Orlando at 1:00 PM this Thursday. Thank you!
- Angela has prayer request: Please keep my grandson Blake in prayer he means everything to me. A few months ago he had pneumonia and has not completely healed. He went to the Pulmonologist this week and it was discovered after a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) that his total lung capacity was at 40%, which is alarming. We are all very concerned. Thank you in advance for your prayers.
- Jodi has a prayer request about the shooting in Orlando: I shared this on my personal page a little while ago. Things have settled down, but the suspect could possibly be in our area still. A house about 10 miles away was searched earlier this afternoon, and the one I mention below is about 1-2 miles from me. Too close for comfort!
Prayers, please! Rumors flying that the suspected murderer of the Orlando police officer is in my town at this moment, just a couple miles from our house. Reports say he has not been found here, and nothing has been confirmed, but I do not like the thought that he even could be where we live!
- Shannan has a prayer request: Prayer request that my previous agency owner will do the right thing and make right on the commissions she owes to agents.
- Sheila has a prayer request: Prayer requests Jagan visted High Tech and Champs high school and loves both of them . Please pray she gets in and will have a choice on which one to pick. The only obstacle is its a lottery, however, I know with your prayers Jagan will get into both schools.
Thanks in advance.
- Robin has a prayer request: I have a co-worker/friend who knows a family suffering a tremendous loss. The oldest daughter died in an ATV accident, middle and youngest seriously injured. This occured yesterday and although the family knows Jesus this has rocked their world. Prayers deeply appreciated.
- Deb has a prayer request: Happy thoughts good vibes and prayers for Peter would be greatly appreciated today!! He’s having some oral surgery. I am nervously waiting in the office. It’s 12* and I forgot to put on moisturizer. If I step outside my face may crack.
- Caroline has a prayer request: My most precious cousin Angela has just minutes ago told me that her beloved husband David Rea has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. He is scheduled for surgical biopsy at Duke tomorrow and they ask for help in praying for a miracle. Her mother just died last month, and she is still reeling from that excruciating loss. Thank you for lifting up David at this dire time.
- David’s biopsy did determine malignancy, so we are really powering up our prayers.
- Robin has another prayer request: Please add Christy: she had knee surgery and she is diabetic. She has had issues with the wound and is now battling MSSA, not MRSA but very serious. Her aunt is in my bible study. Thank you.
- Stephanie has a prayer request: My sanity… A. L. M. O. S. T….. T. H. E. R. E…..
And now, after all those requests, please pray with us the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.
Lastly, play the video, and sing along to Bless the Lord O my soul.