9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9 (ESV)
On this 8th day of January, the week has seen the celebration of starting a new year torn apart by the ravages of violence and fear throughout the country and the world. On this day, we remember those that have lost their lives, whether it be in Ft. Lauderdale or in icy regions of the country. We remember those that are suffering, and those that can’t seem to stop living in fear of what tomorrow may bring. My prayer is that we all remember that we are each the Light of Christ and to let that Light shine forth throughout the darkest night.
Now, I’m fighting a head cold that is taking root within, so I ask that you please pray for me but also pray these prayer requests and praises that we have listed below.
Prayer Requests and Praises
- We start off with prayers for all of those that were affected by the shootings at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. We remember with love those that lost their lives, and pray for Peace, Comfort, and Strength for their families. We remember those that are injured, and pray for God’s Healing touch upon them all.
- Prayer request for my friend Stephanie: It’s just one thing after another for my family. My uncle Robert is in the ICU tonight and it isn’t looking good 😢. Scerosis of the liver, kidney failure, fluid in the heart and stomach, not promising. Robert was a great uncle the best you could ask for. He and my uncle Kenny introduced me to the Three Stooges, Chiller, and many other classics! He was always there for me and my friends, taking us to and from school, picking us up and taking us places whenever no questions asked. I hope he knows how much he means to me.
- Prayers go out to the family of 6 year old David who was found drowned in a pond in Colorado this week. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to descend upon this family.
- Praise for my Dad, who celebrated his birthday on Friday! Happy Birthday Dad, you are a treasure to me and Cindy, Sophie and I love you very much!
- Prayers for those that are stuck out in the cold on these winter nights. Please pray that heat would find them and that they would know God’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength.
As always, if you have a prayer request, please share it with us! Now, please pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.