4Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. ~ Philippians 4:4-9 (ESV)
My friends, my brothers and sisters in Christ, welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Just as last week I was drawn to Proverbs 31, this week I kept finding myself drawn to the words of the Apostle Paul in his letter to the church in Philippi. Friends, there is a lot of anxiety, a lot of worry, a lot of heartache, and yes, a lot of anger in this world right now, and despite the fact that the celebration of the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus, is just one week away, still the outside influences of this world seem to be distracting us from that. I think that is why I kept being drawn back to these verses.
I urge you my friends to reflect on these words, to meditate on them, to memorize them, to recite them to your family and friends, and most importantly, to live these verses. Remember, Jesus is the God of Peace, and He will be with you always, if you just ask Him.
Now, please join with us in praying for those prayer requests and praises that we have this week.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- We’ve been praying for Brandi and her son Tyson. Here’s what they are going through: Tyson continues to need prayers especially from anxiety. I can’t be vague anymore. He gets very upset and has anxiety attacks which stop him from going to school and even enjoying his life. This is along with ADD and depression. He likes to mostly stay home even on weekends where I’m assuming he feels safe. His school work, grades and happiness are all suffering. He is being medically and mentally treated and getting help but I need prayer warriors. We are working on the medical but now please join us on the spiritual war that’s obviously taking place. Yes, I’m being very vulnerable by putting this out there for all to see. Judge us if you want. We are doing everything we can and trying to be strong. Keeping our Faith is difficult at times especially in the middle of an attack but we are trying. Can you please spiritually lay hands on Tyson? We can’t do this alone and we don’t have a church. We do know we have God and we just ask you to also call upon Him for Tyson’s healing. Thank you friends. God Bless.
- Jeff has a prayer request: Hello Everyone, asking for thoughts and prayers for a good friend of mine Dave and his wife Pat. Pat has been going through a lot over the past years and not feeling well, and could use some positive news. Thank you.
- Hiro has a prayer request: Praying for all people affected by war in our world. For those who are displaced. And especially for the poor dear children who are caught up in the political crossfires and bureaucracy of conflicts. Peace.
- Shannan asks for prayers for surgery that she has to have on the 22nd. Prayers for healing, for God’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength to be with Shannan.
- Jodi has both a praise and a prayer: Praise: My son Kyle got engaged last night! We are very proud of them both and excited to see what the future holds.
Prayer: My son got engaged last night! Yes, that’s both praise and prayer. 🙂They are both firm in their faith, but we pray theirs will be a marriage rooted in God’s love and that they will always put Him first above all else, even each other, and that their marriage will be blessed.
Also, please continue to pray for Kyle in regard to getting that new job that is right at his fingertips yet just out of reach–very frustrating!
- Sheila has some prayer requests: Please continue to pray for me that my ankle feels better soon. As Mike explained in a earlier post I sprained my ankle and tore some ligaments.
Also my daughter Jagan is applying to high school please pray she gets into her first choice.
Thanks again for all of your prayers in advance.
- Continued prayers for Amanda and her husband Daniel: My husband, Daniel, started his new chemo regimen this week. There were problems with his chemo pump and he didn’t receive all the drugs. It’s lead to him having a very rough week both physically and mentally. Please pray God lifts him up and he feels better (and for him to be cured! :)).
- We also continue Shannan’s prayer request for her friend Laura: Laura’s 16 year old daughter Beth passed away in July after battling cancer. Laura is understandably taking it very hard, and has requested more time off from work. Prayer requests are for to not lose her job as she fears she might, and prayers for God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to descend upon Laura and all of her family and friends in their grief.
Remember, we have a Prayers for the Week Facebook Group now, feel free to join the group and pray with us!
Now, please finish with us by praying the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.