10 fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
My friends, what happens when the world turns against you, when Satan invades and drives a wedge of fear into our hearts? Well, hopefully, when Satan tries to do that, you turn to the Lord for comfort, for guidance, for Peace, and for Strength. In this world today, there are so many wrongs being committed, so much evil and hatred, that it can be hard to figure out what you should do next. I know it is hard, but in times like this, it is crucial that we turn to God even more than we normally do.
In times of struggle, I try very hard to remember the words from the book of Jeremiah:
11For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~ Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)
The simple answer is to remember that God is here for you, He wants your cares, He wants your burdens, He wants to help us as only He can. Remembering that is very hard sometimes, but it must be done. Now, please continue by praying for our prayer requests and praises below:
Prayer Requests and Praises
- My friend Theresa has a prayer request: I usually don’t post with prayer requests but I have found out I have something called “Chiari 1 malformation” (its a neurological disorder where part of the brain, the cerebellum (or more specifically the cerebellar tonsils), descends out of the skull into the spinal area.). I see the neurologist again November 2 but I am feeling pretty worried as what I have seen suggests surgery is the best option. I really just need the prayers as they will be reassurance. Thank you.
- Here is a prayer request for my friend Lin: Please say a prayer for my sweet little family. Some crazy stuff happening and we need clarity and direction. Also, Logan is still sick, poor, sweet baby.
- We also have a praise from my friend Sheila, their dog Caesar is better and is home from the animal hospital! Great news for Sheila, Randy and Jagan!
- My friend Stephanie has a prayer request: Please pray for my grandmother! She has been in the hospital since Saturday. She has a severe infection in her only kidney which released poison into her bloodstream causing her to have a seizure. The doctors are running more tests to determine if any harm was done to her brain or her pacemaker.
- My friend Lesley has a prayer request: A dear friend of mine’s baby boy was burned at his grandparents house (t.v. dinner fell off a table try) 2nd degree burns on his face, pray for healing and no permanent scars on his face. Also prayer for my husbands business to grow. Thank you!
- My sister in law Kim has a prayer request: One of my best friends growing up lost her daddy tonight. Please pray for her family.
- My friend Frances has a prayer request: For someone close to me that has two specialist appointments this week. May they bring her clarity and a path.
- Praise for my friends Victoria and Roland who were married yesterday! Congratulations to the two of you!
Now, please pray with us the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.