18Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” 19Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. 20The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him. 21So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. 22And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. 23Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.”24Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. ~ Genesis 2:18-24 (ESV)
Today we celebrate the marriage of my nephew Brett and his bride-to-be Tara. Today they are continuing the journey that they began many years ago when they met, and becoming husband and wife before God, their friends and family, and all of Creation. My prayer for Brett and Tara is that God blesses their marriage just like He has blessed mine, and that they know what it means to love one another with a love that is second only to their love of God. Please join me in congratulating them for this day, and join us as we continue with our prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests and Praises
- We start off our prayer requests with my friend Mitchell. Here’s what I wrote on Facebook: Prayers for my friend Mitchell and his family, who’s father passed away on October 5th.
- Prayers for my friend Alison and her husband Michael and all of their family over the loss of Michael’s Grandmother.
- Continued Prayers for Leslie and baby Paisley! — My niece Leslie had her baby! A beautiful girl, and Mom, Dad, Sister, and Baby are all doing well, and are home now from the hospital!
- Prayers for everyone in the path of Hurricane Matthew.
- Sheila adds her prayers: Stay safe! Hurricane Matthew is coming your way
- Prayers to my friends Harris and Susan on the loss of Harris’ father.
- My friend Julie asked: Mike is there anything you need prayers for?
- Thank you for asking, Julie. For me, my company needs to increase it’s business, so prayers for more regular income. Also, my daughter and I are looking for new health insurance since ours is up the end of the month, so prayers for direction on that front as well. Thanks!
- My friend Amanda has prayer requests: 2 requests for our friends – The Kellers are trying to adopt a child they have been foster parents to for several years and they found out they have to go to trial. For our other friend that is having issues with her husband and needs to make a decision on what is best for her kids. Thanks, Mike as always!
- My Aunt Kitty has a request: Pray for the 9 month old baby girl that sexually abused and is in a coma. She is in very bad condition.
- Aunt Kitty the baby girl passed away. Prayers for her family! Unbelievably sad.
- For every couple that ends up married, there are countless others that have not found their special someone, including my friends Alex and Will. Please pray that God would lead a special person to their lives, and that they would know that special love in their lives.
Now, please pray with me the words that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.