On this September 11, on the 15th anniversary of the horrific terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the attempted attack on the White House, I want to remind us of one very certain Truth for all of those that Believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior:
We have already won the war, because there is Victory in Jesus!
Jesus paid the ultimate price for our sin, our self-centered nature, all of the evil that exists in our hearts. As Christians, if we are true Christians, then when we believed that Jesus is our Savior, that He died for our sins, and was raised by God on the third day after dying, then we have won. The crazy nature of Belief is such that when we do believe, our old self dies, and a new creation is born; that’s what being a Born Again Christian is all about. As a new creation, we live for Jesus, and we should listen to what He tells us by way of the Holy Spirit. The unfortunate reality for me is that I don’t listen to Jesus as much as I should. I am human, and there are times when I focus far too much on me having control and not enough on letting Jesus take over, and the end result, as you might imagine, is that my day doesn’t go as well as it should.
I want to remind you of some Scripture that the Holy Spirit put in my head today, and by His Grace, I was able to recollect enough of it to pull it up. Please hear the Word of God as told to the Apostle Paul in his second letter to the church at Corinth:
16So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. ~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (ESV)
Remember, no matter the emotion that this day brings, as we remember once again the attacks, and vow again not to forget, to Never Forget, let’s remember that God, that Jesus, they won’t forget, they will Never Forget either, and we can take comfort in knowing that they’ve got our backs. So please join us in praying for our prayer requests and praises:
Prayer Requests and Praises
- My friend Maureen has a prayer request that perhaps all of us can benefit from. Here is what she needs: Focus clarity peace…. thank you
- My niece Leslie has a prayer request: Trying to figure out God’s will, and what that means for our family. We have 2 major decisions to make in the next few months!
- I’ll add my prayers for Leslie to have a safe delivery of baby number two, expected in just a few weeks!
- Patty has a prayer request: for no fear. Patty, I want to remind you of Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Remember this, Patty, and the fear, which is not from the Lord, will melt away.
- Maria has a prayer request: The same for me health and finances thank you
- Cindy has a prayer request: Co-worker who is hospitalized and facing surgery.
- Yesterday was the 9th anniversary of the day that my Mom had her cardiac emergency at home. I firmly believe that if my Dad hadn’t been awake at the time, my mom would not be here today. I give thanks to God today for my Dad, my Mom, my Grandpa, and all of my family, and for the crew at Sterling Volunteer Fire Department that helped save my Mom’s life.
- I also give thanks to God for my Mom’s birthday tomorrow, and for my nephews Shane (married to Stephanie) and Matt (married to Leslie) who celebrate their birthdays on Tuesday.
- Of course, we also lift up those that are suffering in remembrance of the attacks 15 years ago. Although we have victory in Jesus, it is still hard to live our lives, and for many of those that lost loved ones, they suffer through that grief each and every day, but especially on the anniversary. Lord God, we ask for you to bring them comfort today and every day, and to remind them of the victory they have in You.
- Lastly, my cousin Barb has a prayer request for prayers for her brother in law.
Before we close in prayer, let me share with you this video that you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do:
Now, will you please pray with me the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.