28Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~ Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV)
Welcome to this week’s prayers for the week post. Today, we remember all those that are suffering, those that need God’s Rest so much in their lives. In short, we remember everyone today. The verse from Matthew reminds me that we all have seen struggles in our lives, and in my experience, when I turned to Jesus as my Savior, I learned that be placing my Faith and Trust in Him, the struggles are often easier. In fact, in my experiences, I’ve learned that when I’ve not turned to him, the struggle is harder, the pain is more real, and Peace — that singular incredible Gift from God, God’s Peace — is nowhere to be found.
My friends, do you know Peace? Do you give your burdens to God? Do you do sole wholeheartedly, or do you hold some things back for you to deal with on your own? If you do that, you likely won’t know true Peace.
Prayer Requests and Praises
- My first entry is a big praise for my sister, Robin. Tomorrow is my sister’s birthday, and I love her so much! Robin, thank you for being the best big sister any brother could ever imagine. I love you, have a great birthday, and we’ll see you soon!
- My friend Pam has a prayer request for her husband: Please pray for Ronnie as he has surgery #16 (we think-have lost count) tomorrow. Thank you Mike Ellis. ~ Ronnie’s surgery was on the 22nd.
- Update on Ronnie’s surgery from Pam: Thank you everyone for the kind words and especially your prayers. The surgery went well and it’s onward to recovery!!
- My friend Lisa has a prayer request: Please pray for Jack, a boy in my son’s school, who is fighting cancer.
- My friend Kristen has an unspoken prayer request. Please pray for her!
- My Brother-in-Christ Alex has a prayer request: Please pray for my brother Zia. Thank you! May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.
- My friend Carol has a prayer request: Mine is very self directed – pray that a certain couple purchase the house they both truly want
- Prayers for Munich for the terrorist attack, and continued prayers for Nice, France.
- Prayers for all of our law enforcement, and their families as well.
- Prayers for our Country’s leadership, that they would put the good of the country and it’s people ahead of their political agendas.
- Prayers for our Country, that it would rediscover the faith in God that so many have turned away from.
- My friend Bridget has a word about a friend and student of hers: We celebrated a beautiful life today. He brought an amazing life and personality to my kinder classroom that I will never forget. One of my fondest memories was hearing him singing “Cheeseburger in Paradise” while coloring and he just made me smile…. All of the time…. One of his greatest gifts. Please keep his amazing and beautiful family, The Coyle’s, as well as extended family and friends, in your thoughts and prayers. No parent should have to bury their child, no grandparent their grandchild, and no teacher their student. Godspeed, Dominic Coyle. Thank you for touching all of our lives. I am so very blessed to have known you and watch you grow. May your gifts and talent shine on. ❤️😘
- Lastly, a special prayer request for the brother of my friend James, Timothy, who suddenly passed away at the age of 37. Please pray for James and all of his family in their time of sorrow.
My friends, would you pray with us?
Heavenly Father, we turn to you out of the pieces of our broken lives, and thank You for the blessings that You remind us of each day. Reminders that life is precious, and that the loved ones we are with we are with because of You. Reminders that there is Hope for those that turn to Jesus, and put their Faith and Trust in Him. Reminders that, even though one life has finished, his family takes comfort in knowing that they will see him again one day.
Lord, thank You for all that you give us, each and every day, and please forgive us for not remembering You more each day. Please forgive us for allowing sin to enter into our lives, and for not turning to You each day like we ought to. Please hear our prayers, take them to Your Heart, and give us rest.
It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that we pray. Amen.