4He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. ~ Revelation 21:4 (ESV)
During the past two weeks, in particular, but in reality, for as long as I can remember, not a day goes by when there isn’t something that has caused us to shed tears. It may be something minor such as a child’s skinned knee, or it could the the killings last week here in the US, or perhaps it’s the death and destruction in Nice, France on Bastille Day. Regardless of the circumstance, each and every time that tragedy strikes, I find myself longing for that day foretold in the book of Revelation — the day of the Second Coming of Christ. Lord, I can’t wait for that day to finally know that the end of this present age is here, the Devil is defeated, and that we will spend Eternity worshiping You, our Risen Savior. Lord, please make that happen sooner rather than later. For now, all we have are our prayer requests, but we all know that those are powerful gifts that God has given to us — the gift of being able to talk to Him in prayer, so please, join me in these prayer requests, check out last week’s post, and please add your own as well.
Prayer Requests and Praises
- My friend Lin has a prayer request: The world. My heart just breaks.
- My friend Mrs. Lucas has a request as well: Pray for the loved ones of the Nice victims, please!
- My cousin Deb has a prayer request: Prayers needed for my dear friend Claudia who lost the love of her life Dean after 37 yrs.
- My friend Donna has a prayer request also: Return to North Carolina.
- My dear friend Mama Whitley has a Praise! Here is what she wrote: Mike, answered prayer: my sweet McRae finally got a job following 8 months of hard core searching and interviewing. Praise. And thank you for helping me pray for her!
- My friend Heather has a prayer request: Have a family member in need of seeing what needs to change and step up and change it. God has sent some open doors and people to help please pray that the help is accepted!
- My friend Brian has a prayer request: Pray for families and love ones that they can get along.
- My Aunt Kitty has a prayer request: Pray for all of the children of the world esp the ones that are sick and/or suffering.
- We also have unspoken requests: Please pray for all those that are suffering, for those that are afraid to speak up, for those that have requests in their hearts but don’t know how to voice them. Pray for those that are missing family, for those that lack finances to change their circumstances, and for those that see no way out. Pray for those that are helping others, those that foster and adopt children, and those that love unconditionally. Finally, pray for those that are looking for work, for those that are building businesses, and for the leadership of our country. Thank you for praying for these and all of our prayer requests!
- Lastly, my friend Shannan has a prayer request: Beth passed away today. Please pray for the comfort for her family and friends. She was 17.
Now, my brothers and sisters in Christ, will you please pray with me:
Prayer of St. Francis de Sales
Be at Peace
Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life; rather look to them with full hope as they arise. God, whose very own you are, will deliver you from out of them. He has kept you thus far, and God will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand it, God will bury you in God’s arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you then and everyday.
God will either shield you from suffering, or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imagination.