Today marks the return of my weekly prayers for the week posts. Why did we stop writing them, you ask? Well, that’s a complex question, but the simple answer is that I stopped because I felt like I was writing them for my glory, and not for the glory of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
It’s a hard thing to admit that, and I’ve got to tell you I almost changed the text on that when I was writing it, but did not do so. A lot has changed since my last post on October 18, 2015, but one thing that hasn’t changed is my prayer life. Even though I hadn’t been writing prayer posts, I had still been praying — probably more now than ever. The world is a fallen, evil world, and there is so much that has been wrong about it for so long, that I worry that we are becoming numb to it all. That, my friends, is one of the reasons that I feel led to start back up the prayers for the week post. Now, lets get to our prayer requests and praises. Please pray for the following:
Prayer Requests and Praises
- My friend Mrs. Lucas had this prayer request: Pray for all the persecuted Christians, both here and abroad.
- My friend Amanda has these series of requests for her husband Daniel, who has been battling cancer for far too long: So some prayer requests – that the chemo and Daniel’s body begin a vigorous fight against the cancer cells and we start beating it again, that Daniel’s body and mind stay up to the fight and he has the strength to recover faster, and that God heal him taking every last damn cancer cell out of his body. I’d also like to ask for prayers for our clinicians and all oncology clinicians. I have no idea how these people do it every day. We were in the office the other day and I heard his oncologist tell one person her scan was good and he would see her in 6 months and them move to a room where he had to have a family meeting about someone who was close to losing his fight. God bless them for doing it and for being so amazing at it!
- My friend Sheila has a prayer request for Sophie’s safe journey to California in two weeks.
- My friend Leslie has prayer requests for her Grandson Jonathan and Daughter-In-Law Leah.
- I’ve got prayer requests for my dear friend Deb and her two boys, who have lost their husband/father this past week. Prayers for God’s Love, Peace, Comfort, and Strength to surround all of them in the days, weeks, and months to come.
- My friend Lori has a prayer request for her daughter: My daughter developed a limp after a particularly rough round of Gaga Ball yesterday. Healing please!
- My friend Jodi has some prayer requests: Prayers for my friend who had an appendectomy yesterday but is doing worse today, and my sister-in-law who’s liver/body is shutting down after a long battle with cancer.
- Prayers for my friend Kimberly, who’s Dad had back surgery on June 30.
- Prayers for my friend Mama Whitley. Here’s what she wrote: My precious daughter McRae, who just graduated from App, has been killing herself since November trying to get a job. Has come close many times but still has not been hired. She has soooo much to offer but is so very discouraged. Thank you, Mike, for helping me pray for opening doors.
- My friend Julie, for her son, who suffered a mild concussion playing Gaga Ball at a church camp last week.
- My friend Laura, who writes: Motivation-having a tough time getting mentally geared up for my next marathon training. Now your turn…The Bible says pray for yourself and then pray for him that needs prayer.
- My friend Shannan, who has friends in need: Beth Borens and her family Laura G Covington
- My friend Pam, who has an unspoken request.
- My sister-in-law Kim, who’s dog Dixie Belle had eye surgery on Friday.
- My friends Loretta and Mike over the passing of their dog Jake this past week.
- Prayers for Stephanie and Shane and Lindsay and Zazzy; for that matter, prayers for all families that have troops deployed. Prayers for our service men and women, for their dedication and safety, and also for their safe return.
- Prayers for our leaders, those that are charged to make a difference, that they would put the needs of the country ahead of the needs of themselves. That all of us would step back, think, and realize how fallen this world is, and pray to God to restore sanity in an insane world.
- Prayers for my friend Chris and his family.
- Prayers for my friends Suze and Sharon, both of whom are dealing with Mom’s that have dementia. Please pray for all of those that suffer with this incredibly sad and terrible disease.
Please pray with me, my Brothers and Sisters in Christ:
Heavenly Father, to You we give all the Glory. Thank You for the wonderful gift that You gave us, the gift of Your Son, Jesus, who showed us what it is like to truly love You, Father. Thank You for loving us even though we don’t deserve that love. Thank You for hearing our prayers, and acting on them. Lord, please forgive us for all of the sin that invades our lives, whether we be saved or not. Please know that we love you, and are expressing that love for you each and every day, not just when we need something. Lord, thank You for the trials that we have, for they strengthen us and bring us closer to you as a result. Lord, please hear all of our prayers, hear them and act on them, both now and in the future. We ask all of these things in the Wonderful Name of Your Son Jesus, and we pray the prayer that He taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, thy Will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil,
For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and Ever. Amen.