1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. ~ 1 Corinthians 13 (ESV)
Hello everyone, and thank you for stopping by today for this week’s Prayers for the Week post. This has been a busy week, and during the week we have had a lot of prayer requests, so please take a moment, read through our requests, and pray with us. What better way to start off our prayers than by remembering that Jesus loves us! Now, please read and pray for our requests and praises!
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- My friend Maureen left us a comment from last week’s prayer post. Here is what she wrote:I love this post Mike! Thank you – it is so easy to get carried away in life’s worries – focusing on Jesus is the best thing we can do. Thank you for continuing these Sunday posts and prayers.. they are extremely encouraging and fill us with hope 🙂
- My friend Shannon has a prayer request that she has learned of. Here is what she wrote:I’ve tagged as many Disney pals as I could. Please add others if you think they can help. There is a 15 year old girl here named Beth and her stage IV cancer has returned and all the doctors are doing now is preventative comfort measures. She’s in the hospital right now with low counts and a fever. She loves Disney. I’m going to do a post today asking all of our fans to send her Disney themed Valentines cards, or anything Disney. Thanks so much, Disney friends are the best friends. Prayers and pixie dust for Beth!
Please pray for this young lady as she struggles to come to grips with this disease, and works through her anxiety and fear. Please pray that God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love would descend upon her, her family and friends, and that God would guide the hands of her medical team. If it is God’s Will, may she be saved from this disease. It’s in Jesus’ name that I pray. Amen!
- Please pray for the family of Sabrina Smith-Epley. Here is what my sister-in-law Nancy wrote:Anna Jane and Sabrina Smith-Epley… her teacher last year…Anna Jane was her “mini me”. Sabrina passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last week. This lady motivated and encouraged our girl to be the “scary good” student that she has become. Her influence is her legacy.
Please pray with me: Heavenly Father, those of us that knew Sabrina are mourning her passing today. Her family, her friends, her co-workers, her students — all of them are hurting at some level these days. We know that Your ways are mysterious to us, and we know that we can not understand right now why You called Sabrina home, but we miss her. Lord, please grant Your Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to descend upon all of us, and please know that we praise You for the time that you placed Sabrina into our lives. It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that we pray with Thanksgiving today, and every day. Amen.
- My friend Kristin has a prayer request. Here is what she wrote:Please pray for the family of Billy Harrison. He is my cousin in West Virginia. He was shot and killed last night. He has a wife and three children. Please pray!
Please pray for their grief, that God would hold them in His arms, and that they would have Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love during their time of grief. Thank you everyone for praying!
- My friend Rebecca has a prayer request — this is what she wrote on Facebook:My dad was just rushed to the hospital. My brothers & I only know that so far. I know I ask this a lot, please pray for him. Thank you.
Please pray for his healing, for the medical team, for their skill in treating him, and for his and his family’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength! Thank you!
- Locally here in the Raleigh-Durham area, please pray for Larry Stogner and his family. Larry is the anchor of the local ABC news telecast. Larry is stepping down, having been diagnosed with ALS. Here is a link to the story about him:Larry Stogner Retirement
- Also, please pray for two teenage boys, both Sophomores from Smithfield-Selma High School. They were killed when they were hit by an Amtrak train. According to reports, one was trying to get the other off of the tracks when they were both hit. Their names are Robert Naughton and Alan Peedin. Please pray for their families, friends, and everyone that is suffering with their loss.
- Lastly, please pray for my friend Mike. Here is what he wrote:So I need prayers for Thursday, but I’m afraid to say why. I have a meeting at 6 that may change all that is important to me. Time with family, the people I help, and so much more. If I think about it I am scared and overwhelmed. But if I leave it in God’s hands where it belongs, I have the peace to know that whatever happens is for the best.
Please pray for the anxiety, nervousness, and fear that Mike has would dissipate. Please pray that God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love would descend upon him and for Mike to know the path that God would have him walk.
Now, please pray with us the prayer that Jesus taught his Disciples to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed by thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever and ever.