Earlier this week, I received an email from a person who wanted to unsubscribe to the newsletter that I put out here. In it, they said they wanted to unsubscribe because they didn’t want to receive any of that “christian propaganda” — they thought this was a Disney site. My first inclination was that something they saw must have been convicting to them, and I guess, looking back at it, the title of last week’s post “Prayers for the Week – Sin”, can certainly be convicting to us, for we are all sinners. In the end, though, I looked them up in my subscriber list, saw that they had already unsubscribed, and forwarded that to them so that they would have a visual proof that it was taken care of. I wished them well, thanked them for stopping by, told them that we do have a lot of Disney content, and that I hoped they would be back at some time in the future.
However, one thing I did not say to them, and have no intention of saying to them — or anyone, for that matter — was that I would be stopping my Prayers for the Week posts — it is far too important, and I want the whole world to know about our prayer requests, to pray for them, to rejoice in the praises, and yes, I want the whole world to know that I am standing with Jesus!
If you are finding this post because of some Disney content that we have, or because of a giveaway that I’m a part of, well, I ask you this question: Do you know and stand with Jesus? These posts, plain and simple, are the most important posts that I run on this site, and I urge you to read all of them, put your faith and belief in Jesus, and tell Him that you are a sinner, and you would like His help for your life. If you have already made this step, then congratulations, and thank you for stopping by. For all of us, please read and pray for these prayer requests and praises, and may God lift you all up, and bring you Peace, Comfort, and Strength to fight the forces of evil that we find in this world. Now, please pray for all of these requests, and don’t forget to leave your own prayer requests as a comment at the bottom of the post. Thanks everyone!
- My Dreams of Disney Reader Amy left this prayer request. Please read and pray along with me at the end:Please pray for a friend, Renae. Her son and my son are good friends. She is in her early 40’s and has been diagnosed with lung cancer. It has spread to her lymph nodes and her bones. She is a strong believer and otherwise good health. She has 3 boys ages 11-15. Please pray for doctors as they determine the best treatment for her.Heavenly Father, the scourge of cancer has been felt far too much here of late, and I pray that You would see to it that one day one of Your servants would find a cure for this horrific disease. Until that time, Lord, please lift up Renae — give her the Healing she needs, guide her doctors so that they may skillfully treat her, and give her boys the Peace, Strength, and Comfort that they will need to be able to help her. It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that we pray with thanksgiving, longing for the day when all sadness is gone from this earth because of His Return. Amen.
- Prayers please for my dear friend Jodi. Her Uncle John passed away on October 31st. Heaven’s gain is their loss, and while we rejoice in her Uncle’s ascension, the human part of us grieves over having lost our loved one. Please pray with me:”Heavenly Father, we give you absolute praise and thanks for Uncle John. We rejoice that he is now in Your loving embrace, and that he is no longer in any pain or suffering. Lord, please be with Jodi and her family in their time of sorrow, for while they don’t grieve as one does who has no hope, they are still human, and they are grieving for losing their friend, loved one, Uncle. Please give them all of Your Peace, Comfort, and Strength at this time and in the future so that they may continue in their lives. May their memories of their loved one be strong and never fade, and may they rejoice in knowing they will see him once again one day. It is in the name of Your wonderful Son Jesus that we pray with Thanksgiving each and every day. Amen!”
- A prayer and a praise for my good friend Jess, who lost her horse Pug this week. 😦 Here is what she wrote on Facebook:Had to say goodbye to my beloved horse Pug today. When I held her empty halter in my hands it reminded me it is not about the ribbons, the buckles, the points, or the money won. It is about the horse. This horse was a great one. As a young horse she was a fantastic athlete and performer, but it was in her golden years she became irreplaceable. Teaching the timid to lope for the first time, Patiently standing to be groomed, trotting bareback down the road, taking a kid for their very first pony ride. For almost 30 years we were so lucky to have her and it is with every ounce of love in our hearts we return her to heaven. Rest in peace my angel and thank you.
- Please pray for my friend Jackie. She lost her Aunt on October 30, 2013. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:Thank you all for your prayers for my Aunt Helen. She left us this morning and is at rest now. May her memory be eternal. I will miss her dearly.
- My friend Angie needs some prayers for her Mom. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:My mom…..I love her so, please pray for her. She is having some health issues that she is dealing with that the doctor has told her not to go on the cruise this weekend. This has made her pretty sad because she was so looking forward to it, there will be other cruises, we just need to get her better! So if you could take a minute to lift her up we would appreciate it.
- Please pray for my friend Brenda, specifically, for her daughter-in-law Kay-Cee and her son (Kay-Cee’s husband). Here is what is going on:Prayers needed: On Friday October 18th we found out that twin A “Gunner” had passed away suddenly. Since the twins were in separate sacks this didn’t cause any damage to twin B “McKinley”. There are some higher risk factors of corse. Yesterday my “water” for twin A ruptured and I am at the hospital at UTMB. This causes risk for early delivery so they are going to keep me here until she is born… I am 24 weeks pregnant right now and the goal is to at least make it to 28 or 30 weeks. McKinley is doing great right now. Her heart beat is strong and steady. Please pray for her to stay in as long as possible to give her the best chance at life. We know God does everything for a reason and we are leaning on him now more than ever. Thank you very much for your much needed prayers.Please pray with me: “Heavenly Father, it is our loss and your gain for Gunner, and we know that You had a good reason for calling him Home so early in his life. However, while we grieve the loss of Gunner, we still cling to hope and love that everything with McKinley will be okay, so please grand Your Peace, Comfort, and Strength to Kay-Cee and the rest of the family, so that they may be able to assist Kay-Cee as best as possible in her times of need. Please also be there, guiding the team of doctors that are helping her, so that McKinley may be born safely into this world and may live to show the world the Miracles that You can create through Your children.
It is in the name of Jesus that we pray with everlasting Thanksgiving. Amen!”
- Lisa left this comment on Facebook Sunday October 27th. Please pray for her and her husband:Just before leaving for our nine day stay at Disneys Art of Animation, my husband was told his brain tumor had returned. He will be having surgery mid-November & we would appreciate your prayers.
Here was my reply to Lisa:
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry for that! Pray with me: “Heavenly Father, we know that your ways are mysterious, and I know that we do not always understand why the trials we are given are given to us. Please be with your servant Lisa and her husband, and grant them the Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Healing that they need during this time of trouble in their lives. Please be with the skillful doctors and guide their hands so that they may do what is needed to heal your servant. It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that we pray with Thanksgiving each and every day. Amen!”
- Please pray for my Uncle Bill, Aunt Joan, and Cousins Jennifer, Bob, and Dave. I learned yesterday that my cousin Chuck passed away at the tender age of 49. Chuck is the son of Uncle Bill and Aunt Joan, and brother to Jennifer, Bob, and Dave. It is a shock because he was so young, so please lift up the entire family in your prayers. Pray for Chuck’s salvation, pray for God’s Peace for all, but especially for Uncle Bill, Aunt Joan, and Jennifer, Bob and Dave. It’s a hard time for them, so please pray for their comfort and strength in the days and weeks ahead. Thank you all for your prayers.
Praises to God!
- Lori left this big Praise about what it really means to Stand up for Jesus, especially when faced with what the world expects of you. Here is what she wrote:
Praising God for keeping my focus and integrity intact when I was sorely tempted to go another way.
I really struggled this last week on my Moms Panel application.
The simple “In 100 words or less, tell us about you” prompt had me majorly tempted to answer in a simple, happy way that entirely glossed over the most important part of who I am.
After literal hours of moving the words “I am a Christian” from the top of my essay to hiding in the middle and even some versions where I’m sorry to say it, it disappeared entirely, I finally felt the calming peace of God with me.
I returned the most important part to the front of my essay and easily moved on to tackle the other essays.
“I am a Christian…”
- One of our readers left this comment: Love this page…thank you for doing it… we all need prayer at some time and this is a fantastic way to do it… I just wish others would follow in your footsteps and do something like this… its rare to find a “prayer request” page… and even more rare for it to be on a Disney site… keep up the good work… God Bless You….
- You may remember this prayer request from last Sunday’s post:
- I’ve received an anonymous prayer request. Please pray for this situation:Hi Everyone, I am writing to you this morning to ask for some prayers. As you may or may not know, our daughter is at grad school where she is studying to become a physician assistant. Recently she became concerned about some heart palpitations that she has been having, so decided to go get an EKG just in case. Yesterday the dr. contacted her because they found something that could potentially be a problem and want her to see a cardiologist for further evaluation. The dr. stressed that it was just as a precaution, and that is what we are trying to focus on…..but it could also be something very bad too. This syndrome that they want to check for, can cause the heart to actually just stop, and is one of the leading causes of sudden death in otherwise healthy young adults. She is scared as we all are, because she knows exactly how serious this could end up being. We are just trying to stay positive at least until we know more when she sees the cardiologist on Thursday. So if you wouldn’t mind keeping her in your prayers this week, I would be beyond grateful.Healing prayers for their daughter. May God take care of the family, give them His Peace, Comfort, and Strength, and may He alsoguide the doctors looking after their daughter so that she may be healed physically and emotionally! It is in Jesus’ name we pray with Thanksgiving. Amen!Well, I have a wonderful update!With high PRAISE to God, we have learned that everything is OK, and that they are not worried at all about the heart condition that the grad student was going through! Praise be to God for that blessing! They are going to tweak the medication she is on to stop the palpitations, but that is all they need to do! God is Great!
- I wanted to take a moment and give a big shout of PRAISE to God for the way He has helped His Servant Heather. Look at what she wrote on Facebook recently:The devil has been trying his best to destroy my ability to see myself the way God does. I am still in limbo with my job at the lighthouse and have been doubting if God can truly use me. Last week I was at a health fair and hear my named called. As I look up I see several boys walk up to me. I had these boys over the past year in the juvenile system. They each told me that they would be graduating from the programs and either going into college or a trade school. I was so proud of them because they have worked so hard to overcome some bad decisions. Each of us have made bad decisions but I have always felt that everyone deserves a second chance. They thanked me for coming to talk to them and they promised they would let this time make them stronger. I know that youth without a support system will probably make more bad decisions but I am determined to encourage these youth even if only for an hour.I have always held on strong to the knowledge that God makes something beautiful out of messes (believe me I am a huge mess that even bounty could not clean up). This faith got me through years of being a mess and feeling worthless. I will not allow the devil to destroy the woman God is waiting to make me. Because without my faith; I am nothing but a mess. I will keep praying and asking God to continue to speak words through me every day at every school, even if for just a few more weeks. This passion was created by Him and I cannot believe He made me like this without a reason!! And the best thing is as messy and broken as I am; God loves me. I must show that love to others no matter what.
My brothers and sisters, thank you for your continued prayers and support of this small ministry. It is because of all of you that we have seen some incredible answered prayers to some horrific problems! I give thanks to God for each and every one of you every day, and I hope you have a great week!