Hello everyone, and thank you for stopping by our site for our weekly Prayers for the Week segment. This past week has been an emotionally trying, but spiritually uplifting week, full of immediate and incredibly powerful miracles by God! To God be the Glory, Great things He has done! Let’s get right into it, and lift up our praises to our Heavenly Father right now!
- The incredible power of God is, at times, impossible to comprehend. This past Tuesday, April 23rd, I got a text from my dear Sister-In-Christ, Brenda. She told me that she needed prayers for her son, Johnnie, who had a heart attack, and that an irreparable hole behind his heart was found. He was transferred to St. Luke’s Heart Hospital in Houston, where it was discovered that he didn’t have a hole in his heart, that instead, he was diagnosed with Myocarditis. I’m going to let Brenda tell the rest of the story in her message to me:This is an update on Johnnie and a warning to all of you and your loved ones. The Cardiologist has diagnosed Johnnie with Myocarditis. Myocarditis is by definition inflammation of the heart muscle. What literally happened is that Johnnie came down with a virus or bug with fever on Thursday which he had until Sunday. The virus invaded the heart muscle. With Myocarditis, after the initial infection subsides, the body’s immune system continues to inflict inflammatory damage to the heart muscle. The inflammation around the heart caused him to have a heart attack.In 20% of the cases of sudden death in young adults, Myocarditis is the cause. I feel very blessed and grateful that my son was not part of that statistic and, in fact, lived through 3 different ER visits on 3 days.Please be warned that if you or someone you love comes down with a bug and subsequent horrible chest pain, get them to the ER ASAP. If they do an EKG and say the heart is fine, insist that they do a blood test for heart muscle enzymes (CPK levels). All 3 of Johnnie’s EKGs came back normal. Only the 3rd ER checked his enzyme levels because no one thinks a 27 yo is having a heart attack. His enzyme levels were off the chart and in fact they did the blood test again thinking the results were false. Please take care!Now that Johnnie has had a heart attack he is at a greater risk of having another one than others his age. I will be working very hard on giving this to God as I deal with the fear that something will happen again. Knowing that Johnnie was held safe in God’s hands while he could have fallen into that 20% sudden death statistic is something I am eternally grateful for.Johnnie is 27 years old, and he went home from the hospital yesterday! What started as a fear that we would lose Johnnie was totally turned around by God into a miracle, right before our eyes! I told Brenda that God has something in store for Johnnie, because otherwise he wouldn’t be with us right now. Praise God! Thank you Lord!
- You may remember that my friend Amanda’s daughter Kennedy has some medical issues. Here was the update I posted on our April 14th Prayers for the Week edition:
The surgeon’s office just called and Kennedy does not have CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), she has a Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia. From what I’m understanding (and nursing friends feel free to correct me) her stomach has bulged through her diaphragm around her esophogus. They will be doing a nissen fundoplication (Huh?) laproscopically to repair the problem.
Surgery is set for 4/26 and she’ll be there at least a week. She’ll also be given a feeding tube which we’ll have to use for the first 6 weeks but will stay in for 2 months.
I’m not sure if this is good news because some of it sounds scarier than the originaldiagnoses.
Please pray for Kennedy, for her healing, pray for the skill of her medical team, that God would use them to cure Kennedy of this ailment, and please also pray for Kennedy and her family, that God would send his Peace, Strength, and Comfort to Kennedy and the family so that they will know that she is going to be okay. Thanks everyone!
Well, Kennedy had her surgery yesterday, and with all of our prayers, she came through it with flying colors! Thank you to everyone that prayed for this sweet little girl!
With these huge praises comes some prayer requests also. Let’s take a look at these next.
Despite the huge praises we just shared, there are still many prayer requests that we need to share with you. Please pray for each of these, and thank you! Don’t forget to ask for us to pray for you also, as it is through prayer that we will all be able to overcome anything through our Lord Jesus Christ!
- My sister Robin has some prayer requests for us. Here is what she left for us last Sunday:Mike, my co-worker Julie has a cousin with a brain tumor. He is only 8 or 9 and it is inoperable. I don’t recall his name.
My other co-worker Bob left early Friday, I am hoping he feels better and will be back to work on Monday.
Charles, my wing-man in the SpEd dept has a brother who was in a car accident I believe. He has been out all week and will be out most of this week so prayers for the entire family will be appreciated.
Of course prayers for my students and my children (both kinds) are appreciated 🙂
Love to all of you!
- Please pray for my good friend. Her nephew just became a father, but the mother of the baby is addicted to drugs, and the poor little baby was born one month premature and addicted to substances. Please pray healing for the baby and for the mother, and pray also for all of the family involved in this. While this is a tough way for him to start his life, he is surrounded by a lot of love, so please also give thanks to God for His new servant! Thank you everyone!
- Please pray for my dear friend from Pennsylvania. She is going through some hard times with a business venture. She is a strong Christian, and feels God’s Peace on her even though she is troubled by these actions, and she has given up this problem to the Lord, but more prayers are always welcome and appreciated, so thank you!
- Please pray for my friend Donna, who is going through some medical issues that needs treatment. Please pray for her healing, and for her comfort and her and her family’s Peace and strength at this time.
- Please pray for my friends wife, who is likely facing gallbladder surgery later today. She has been through a lot, breast cancer and now this, and I can only imagine her mindset right now. Please pray for healing, both physically and emotionally, and pray for strength and God’s Peace to come upon them.UPDATE: My friend’s wife had her gallbladder surgery, and it was a successful procedure. Please continue to pray for her healing, and for her strength and for God’s Peace to descend upon all of them at this time. Thanks!
- Please pray for the safety of my new nephew Shane, who leaves on the 30th for Basic Training and AIT Training for the Army Reserves. He’s going to be gone from home for 19 weeks, and my niece Stephanie, his wife, will miss having him around. Please pray for Shane, keep him safe, and pray for Stephanie during this time of separation from her Soul Mate.
- As always, please go through the previous prayer requests posts and pray for those that you find there. The link that you find will take you to the category where all of the prayer requests posts are located. Thanks everyone!
As always, I thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit us at My Dreams of Disney. Even more importantly, I appreciate you taking the time to take a few minutes and read our prayers for the week posts, and lifting up those people that need prayer. If you have any prayers you need us to pray for you, please do not hesitate to share them with us! We are a loving group, not a judging group, and the more people you can have praying for you, the better off you will be. Thanks, and have a great week everyone!
- Prayers for the Week, April 14th, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- He is Risen! Jesus is Risen, indeed! (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, March 17, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, April 7th, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)