Good morning, my friends, and welcome to our Prayers for the Week for April 14th, 2013! There have been some serious prayer requests this week, plus some great praises as well! I normally take prayer requests until late on Saturday night, but this weekend I had to write this post early, so please, please, please, if you have any prayer requests that I wasn’t able to include here, please comment and we’ll pray for you! Also, if you like, feel free to leave a comment on our Facebook page as well! Here is last week’s Prayer Requests if you missed it. Please take time to pray for those requests as well as these here today!
My dear friends, we have so many things to be thankful for! It is so easy to neglect thanking God for what He has provided to us, but this week, I have seen example after example after example of God’s Love before us, so let’s get right on it!
- First up is praise for the life of Tommy Gibbs. We experienced the Lord’s presence with us last Sunday afternoon at Tommy’s service, and it was a wonderful service, full of love. Tommy’s life, especially at the end, was a witness to the Lord, and we thank God for knowing Tommy.
- Next, I would like to give praise to you for the life of Evelyn Shute, the mother of my friend Dave. You brought her home on Monday, April 8th, after a long illness, and we are grateful for her life, because if the Lord hadn’t given her to us on earth, none of us would have known Dave. So thank you Lord for that.
- Lord, I was humbled this week. After we learned the news of Dave’s Mom, those of us on the Magical Blogorail combined our forces and made a donation in her name to the charity Give Kids the World. After we had combined all of our funds, the amount of the gift worked out to $300, so I give a huge praise for the love that our Magical Blogorail has for one another. It is an honor to be a part of that astounding team.
- Lord, you also called home my dear friend Beth and Joy’s Grandmother. I give thanks for her life, and am so glad that she is in Your loving embrace, and no longer has any pain, suffering, or grief. Thank you for her life!
- Lastly, Lord, I give you highest praise and honor and thanks for my family! Cindy and Sophie are my loves, and this week, Sophie was able to bring home A/B Honor Roll at school for the first time in the 6th grade! Lord, we are proud of Sophie, and thank you for her every day!
Lord, we have some serious prayer requests this week, and none grabs at the soul more then those involving children in our midst. Everyone, please lift up these concerns to the Lord! Thank you!
- We praised Beth and Joy’s Grandma just a moment ago — but prayers are needed for the family. Please call upon the Lord’s Peace, Strength, and Comfort to keep the family close to Him so that they may overcome their grief, while still remembering their Grandma.
- In the same light, please also pray for Dave and his family, especially his Dad, who has lost his Soul Mate. Life them up to the Lord as well so that God’s Peace and Strength can come down upon them all, and give them the comfort they need in their time of grief.
- My friend Amanda has an update to her daughter’s diagnosis, so here it is:
The surgeon’s office just called and Kennedy does not have CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), she has a Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia. From what I’m understanding (and nursing friends feel free to correct me) her stomach has bulged through her diaphragm around her esophogus. They will be doing a nissen fundoplication (Huh?) laproscopically to repair the problem.
Surgery is set for 4/26 and she’ll be there at least a week. She’ll also be given a feeding tube which we’ll have to use for the first 6 weeks but will stay in for 2 months.
I’m not sure if this is good news because some of it sounds scarier than the originaldiagnoses.
Please pray for Kennedy, for her healing, pray for the skill of her medical team, that God would use them to cure Kennedy of this ailment, and please also pray for Kennedy and her family, that God would send his Peace, Strength, and Comfort to Kennedy and the family so that they will know that she is going to be okay. Thanks everyone!
- Please pray for my friend Jon’s Aunt, who has been battling health issues for years now, and who just had a spot detected on her lung. A biopsy has or will be performed, but no result has come back yet. Please pray for her comfort and healing, and pray for Jon and his family, who have had a rash of health troubles come upon their family in recent weeks. Please pray for their Peace, Strength, andComfort depending on the outcome of this latest challenge.
- Please pray for my friend Mark from Facebook. Here is what he wrote:
I am not one who normally asks for prayers, however I just got some very bad newsabout a family member and their prognosis. Please send your thoughts and prayers to my family.
Please pray for healing for his family member, and for God’s Peace, Strength, and Comfort to descend upon the family in their time of trial. Also please pray for the salvation of the family and in particular for the one that is sick. Thank you.
- My dear friend Beth also needs prayers for her nephew Dustin. Here is what she wrote, please pray boldly for healing and a cure!
Please pray for Dustin. He was admitted to the hospital for IV fluids because he was sick. But he just woke up from a nap and things are not good. I don’t have a lot of details, but he has lost the use of one of his hands and there is something wrong with one of his eyes.
Lord, you know how much we can take, and it seems like time after time when we think things are better, something happens to those we love to remind us that our struggles are not quite over yet. Such is the case with young Dustin. You know what he needs, please give that to him as only You can do — and thank you for loving him and all of us. Use us to spread Your word to all of those that haven’t heard it yet, and use the miracle that is Dustin as one more powerful message to all of us that You are in control, and that we will survive because we have You in our lives. It is in the precious name of Jesus that we pray with Thanksgiving! Amen.
It does seem like sometimes the rain will never end, doesn’t it my friends. Please know that, as hard as it may seem to be, it is vitally important to turn your concerns over to the Lord. I have seen first hand evidence in my own life what that does for me when I do that, so please, try and do that in your lives if you don’t already. Thank you all for your prayers on this ongoing series, they mean a great deal to all of us! God Bless You!
- Prayers for the Week, April 7th, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- He is Risen! Jesus is Risen, indeed! (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, March 24, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, March 17, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, March 10, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers of the Week (mydreamsofdisney.com)